In India, some of the main challenges identified in the poultry sector are described below:
1. Nutrient absorption problems in the intestine, resulting in low egg weight, poor internal quality, and deficient egg coloration.
2. Dirty egg problems: usually associated with microbiological challenges originating in the feed and in the animal itself, which denote digestive problems in hens, and which represent a food safety problem.
3. Rapid transit problems that worsen productivity, farm efficiency, and litter quality.
4. Enzymes are added to poultry ration with the goal of increasing its digestibility, removing antinutritional factors, improving nutrient availability, as well as for environmental issues.
5. WE CAN SUMMARIZE THE BENEFITS UNDER FOLLOWING HEADS
1. Flexibilization of low-cost diets formulation
2. Higher nutrient digestibility and better poultry performance
3. Improvement of litter quality
4. Improvement of birds’ health
5. Environmental impacts of exogenous enzymes utilization on poultry feeding.
-By Dr. Rajendra Prasad Vemana