1.Today, we have been witnessing a steady tendency in the increase of global demand for maize, wheat, soybeans, and their products due to the steady growth and strengthening of the livestock industry.
a) The rain has dashed the dreams of several farmers who were expecting good crop this year.
b) Adverse weather conditions were the main contributing factor to reduced yield and crop quality across the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Maharashtra.
2. Thus, animal feed safety has gradually become more important, with mycotoxins representing one of the most significant hazards.
3. Mycotoxins comprise different classes of secondary metabolites of molds. With regard to animal feed, aflatoxins, fumonisins, ochratoxins, trichothecenes, and zearalenone are the more prevalent.
4. Poultry feed ingredients are derived from a variety of raw materials that originate from plants and animals. a) It is usually a mixture of cereals mostly maize that serves as energy source, b) animal protein sources (fish meal, meat, and bone meal), and plant protein sources (soybean meal etc).
5. Maize, the predominant grain used in poultry feeds, can be contaminated by mycotoxins from Aspergillus, Fusarium and Penicillium during processing and storage (Zinedine and Manes 2009; Adetunji et al. 2014).
b) Groundnut and its processed products have been found to be highly susceptible to aflatoxin contamination (Ezekiel et al. 2012b, 2013; Kayode et al. 2013; Oyedele et al. 2017; Ginting et al. 2018).
6. Globally, mycotoxins in finished poultry feed have been reported (Labuda et al. 2005; De Boevre et al. 2012; Ezekiel et al. 2012a; Njobeh et al. 2012; Rodrigues and Naehrer 2012; Abia et al. 2013a; Kana et al. 2013; Streit et al. 2013b)
7. Effective mycotoxin management is about seeing the whole challenge:
8. from the farm to feed mill and from risk assessment to feed management.
9. The symptoms can be many and varied,
10. but the outcome in all cases will be reduced performance and lost profit.
11. Right Toxin Binder to neutralize and deactivate Mycotoxins.
12. Please use Toxifree -M of Norel at 1 kg for ton of feed which minimises the chances mycotoxins in feed.
a) TOXIFREE -M is enriched with Sepiolite, a unique clay mineral that acts like a sieve, capturing mycotoxins effectively.
b) High adsorption regardless of pH • Restores intestinal epithelium integrity • Resistant to high pelleting temperatures • Broad Spectrum Activity
13. Provides a full protection by reducing the overall toxic pressure from both polar and non-polar mycotoxin.
14. Toxifree-M is compatible with all feed ingredients and doesn’t absorb vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
15. Toxifree-M Increase the production rate of broilers and the egg production rate of layer.
-By Dr. Rajendra Prasad Vermana (Poultry Consultant)